looking for interns for Summer 2023 who are interested in public health, research and/or community engagement.
Interns will be working 10-20 hours a week, remote possible, within one or more of the areas below based on interest and prior expertise:
- Creation of information materials on common health questions such as cancer screening, diabetes, COVID-19 prevention, etc for public distribution
- Connecting with local Chicago and IL community programs
- Developing social media posts and schedules for IPHS
- Assisting in grant writing and development for both private & government funders
Ideal candidates should be:
- Interested in topics such as health equity, community development, research, and other topics within public health and health care
- Versed in some undergraduate or graduate level research and writing
- Entrepreneurial in spirit, interested in helping expand reach of a new non for profit
- Strong and empathetic communicators
What interns can gain from IPHS:
- Flexibility in adapting role for professional development or course credit
- Mentorship and data available for students interested in publishing academic abstracts or manuscripts
- Ability to get ‘hands on’ experience and work directly with President and board members during the initial development years AND MORE!
Please apply latest by April 15th by sending a resume and brief cover letter/SOI to [email protected] or through Handshake. Questions by email welcome!